News:

17-19 september 2021 de 22e int. Besteleendenmeeting in Leersum!

Main Menu

Greetings from Zaragoza (Spain)

Started by azu65, October 28, 2009, 20:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azu65

Hello, I hope I can understand now.
My name is Agustin and I'm from Zaragoza (Spain).
AZU I have a 1965 which was my grandfather, and I'm restoring, after 28 years standing in the garage.
It's nice to find a place on the vans, because I find very little information about them.
Hopefully I can learn a lot. From what little I've been seeing, the photos are impressive.

Thanks

"When you have time to put pictures of the AZU

mctommi

Heb 2 jaar spaans gestudeerd met eindcertificaat europees goedgekeurd, mijn moeder is lerares Spaans en Engels.....mijn ouders hebben al 20 jaar een heel fraai huis in Spanje....heeft iemand een vertaling nodig ???? Email maar door, als ik het niet kan, mijn moeder wel.................
Na 32 jaar verzamelen nog in het bezit van Spaanse AK 350 1970, Spaanse AK 400 1975 (met reclame) en Franse posteend van 1977.

AZL57

i do know nothing i am from barcelona  ;D
Ja de vertalingen van sommige sites zijn heel leuk. Op de franse AC4 site wordt bijvoorbeeld Berline met kolenwagen vertaald en ze hebben het ook ergens over de erbarmelijke kwaliteit van het staal.Hoewel het tegenovergestelde bedoeld wordt  ::)
Alle flauwekul aan de kant begrijp ik zoveel dat ie een azu van zijn grootouders aan het restaureren is? 

azu65

azu65

La Burriquita (The little donkey)

Registered in February 1965
Citroen AZU, 18 HP, 425 cc
(Some say to change the engine, but I want to make all original)

Corrugated boxes, side windows, doors suicide.

Someone please tell me what color is it? I think it is Blue Glacier AC626

There are many doubts I have about its restoration, which began a month ago.
With the first unpleasant surprise (chassis
rotten)
I hope eventually to go to raise my doubts and learn.
I can not help much, but what can I will work.

Hope you like it, because I've only seen the same, have been in a sorry state in the middle of fields.

mctommi

Quiero mucho las ventanas laterales ;-)
Na 32 jaar verzamelen nog in het bezit van Spaanse AK 350 1970, Spaanse AK 400 1975 (met reclame) en Franse posteend van 1977.

AZL57

Hi it's very nice car, I think the best wil be to take the complete body off the car to do a good check of the chassis.
Everyting can be repaired as you can see here  ;D
http://www.cats-citroen.net/citroen_museum/azu_55/index.html
I would keep the original engine, an 18 HP is a very good type. Only setback the van will not be fast but very ecenomic to run.
Succes with your work.

mctommi

Really nice you joined her Augustin ! First one from Spain, be welcome !

AC 626 is Bleu Cristal which is the colour of my AMI6 Break, this is baby blue

Bleu Glacier is AC606, dont know that colour well. My Dyane 1967 425cc is AC625 Bleu Weekend, but looks darker the your car.
Of course the vans in Spain are from different factory so maybe different colours ???

Maybe I can drop by one day in future. My parents  2nd house is near Salamanca, I drive by Zaragoza going there, my 2nd house is in SW of France north of Pau and Tarbes. So I can have expert look, hahaha....been into 2cv vans 26 years now ! And I also have 2 spanish vans from near Salamanca ;-)

azu65

Now I have it disassembled, separate chassis and shell.
So I checked the chassis is very wrong in the right front crossbar (the number of frame area) of the engine area.
So I was pretty depressed, and more without having any idea of mechanics, but as a car is easy, I've gradually been doing something.
I put some photos, as is the pedal.
Thanks for the welcome, I hope to continue giving wrong, and excuse me for not understanding me correctly.

Timo

Timo                     
                           i====¬_
. __ ø.___o           │       |ø\_
(O_\D/___O)         i--O-----O\°

engbokho

Hi,

The floor is easy to repair. All the parts are available. So if you find somebody who can weld it, your car can be back on the road very quickly. :)
I think that the car is a model 1964 as it has the old grille and doors. Does it have seats in the back?
Here's a similar Spanish 4 person AZU (for sale in the Netherlands)
Ooit: Azu-B 1971, Azu 1962, Azu 1960

azu65

Hello, you do not go very far, is of 1965. It had thought about recovering them with fiber glass. It had folding seats, but when clearing the tapestry, I saw that they were not his to they alquien exceed to him? somebody has some photo to see as they are really the back seats? I bought one the other day, but it is not worth to me, because it is not for van. Greetings

engbokho

Your car seems to be an original 4 seater! So it should have a seat in the back.
Ooit: Azu-B 1971, Azu 1962, Azu 1960

azu65

A question (of many... :-[): The tubes of the circuit of braking; they are painted? Or they go with at sight metal could be given some varnish to protect it of oxide?

mctommi

Quote from: engbokho on November 24, 2009, 09:43:31 AM
Your car seems to be an original 4 seater! So it should have a seat in the back.

Better check the floor for holes then.......
In Spain they used all kinds of side windows in 2 seater vans too !
This window is shorter then AZU-L/AK-L.

Tags: